August 21, 2012

sailboat quilt, com.....plete!


Well...I've been going on and on about my sailboat quilt for some time now. 

I've been talking about it here on my blog...and on my facebook. 
Well....I have finally completed it! 
Finally! Yay!!  
I will talk no more about it....I will just show ya a couple of pics and then we can move on. hee hee!



Wait...I have one thing I have to say...pay no mind to the cut off points of my triangles!!! I totally messed up on this quilt! Years ago, when I started this quilt...I wasn't concerned about perfect points and all...if I was piecing this now-a-days....I would not be liking this and would rip out stitches and re-sew...anyhow, just sayin.







Curious about the fabrics? They were all purchased at JoAnn Fabrics about 6 years ago. I haven't purchased  any fabrics on  line yet....but  I am oh so ready to do so!! You just can't  get awesome quilting  fabric at stores  anymore. There IS still some out there....but, it  seems like the fabrics that make me drool are all available through the internet....these on line fabric shops totally rock! 

Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Nice job Bonnie!! What are your plans for the quilt, now that it's finished?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh...yes...the quilt goes to my son Easton...the one who is holding up the quilt in the photos above. He's 10 years old...yes, the quilt is a great size for a toddler to carry around...I know...but I started it for him when he was 4...and so he just cuddles up with it on the couch or cuddles up with it in bed. Yes, it is way too small...hehe, soon he will not care about it...then I will fold it up and keep it with my stash of blankets and quilts until I have a grandchild...then I will give it to them. :)

      Delete
    2. That will be a treasure for him...who cares that it's a little small?! Jenna has a really small one that my Mom made for her when she was a baby, and she still like to snuggle with it in bed. And she's 13!

      Delete
  2. Love all the hand-stitching. And how clever of you to stitch waves beneath the boats. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne! It really was a lot of hand stitching! Ya, the waves were fun to stitch.

      Delete
  3. I can tell you put a lot of work into it, Bonnie! I love the hand quilting. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your quilt!! And sooooo much time involved!! My mom is a quilter, and she has made little lap quilts for all the grandkids. .When I saw yours, I instantly thought of my fave that she gave my middle boy. .It was quilted to look like jars of bugs. .she pieced the jars, and used different bug fabrics in the mid, to look like bugs in the jars. .sometime I'll have to email you a picture. I'm not sure what you needed help with on your site. .if you want to email me at jmdunn@ucom.net. .I'll love to help you with whatever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Just beautiful! My mom was a professional quilter. I know good work.

    ReplyDelete